Monday, July 13, 2009

Me Paint | Techno Me



This art piece is part of an art project I have done titled [Techno Me]...
In all my works for this project I focused more on the process of creating a piece... with the minimum computer post production effects and manipulations...

In [Me Paint] I experimented with how can I use the digital signal... to paint.
Using the basic old trick of making the camera signal feeds itself back into a projection machine. In my case my laptop screen... the rest is done by chance...
The first part of the piece was also created by chance... I was trying to videotape a ceiling mounted projector the one used in schools... and I accidentally touched its cable connected to my laptop... and so the color started changing... I was there... and played more with that...

This piece raises the issue of the new aesthetic of digital art... and plays on a new dimension of abstraction... where the nonsense can starting making sense when we project ourselves and our thoughts onto it...

The music used is composed by my good friend and ex-student Tareq Abu Rahmah....

Also:
:: Me Talk
:: Me Love
:: Me Win
:: Me Face

No comments: