Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Jordan University Farwell | Take 1

:: After spending 8 years of my life at Jordan University... I'm leaving... ::

First time I entered JU was on the fall of 1999... as a new student at the Faculty of Engineering and Technology... I remember I was very angry at myself during that period... so JU with all it's glories wasn't enough to cheer me up... but it wasn't till the winter of 2000 that I started to fall in love with JU...


5 years of my life studying architecture and going through rapid and sheer fluctuation of emotions...
I learned how to communicate with the trees... the people... the old buildings and little drops of water hanging uncertainly in the air...




During these years... I also have learned how to construct... how to think... and how to realize my own creation... I say I have learned... but I wasn't taught...



I graduated from JU on the summer of 2004... happy to leave and eager to see the world outside JU...


But as it turned out to be I didn't leave JU long before my own choice of path led back to it...
I came back on the fall of the same year... This time to the Faculty of Arts and Design where I took a major step in changing my career from being a practitioner to becoming an academic... and from architecture into design...


I spent 3 years at Faculty of Arts and Design where I understood JU in a new way... the people... the system and all the festering underneath the shiny surfaces...


At the same time I have experienced a new feeling... the feeling of creation...
Teaching has given me a virgin feeling of achievement... where I'm happy and proud of other people's work... these people who I helped creating or shaping their intellects...

That was the one and the only reward I had from JU...

During these three years I have grown up a lot...
I have befriended the trees... they whispered to me and taught me how to become part of the Divine symphony...
I wandered and walked with myself... enjoying the other seen but unperceived world...



But like anything in life... you reach a point where you feel that this is enough and now it is time to move on... and I have decided to leave...
I'm leaving behind me a place despite everything I love... a place that had me laughing from my heart... and crying lonesome than a cat gone astray...
A place where I got through my greatest battles on the road of self discovery...
A place where I met people who have touched my life for ever...

For all the moments I had... and lived fully... I say peace to Jordan University... and peace to the person I was inside it...

No comments: