Sunday, March 23, 2008

Green Tea

Tea has been always my favorite hot beverage... it is just so refreshing and tasty and I can never have enough of it.
Tea in our culture come in two main formats... black tea with mint [my favorite] or black tea with sage... still there are other formats like black tea with cardamom, thyme,....

Recently my new morning drink has been green tea with citrus... after reading an article that says that to be able to get most of the benefits of green tea you should add a citrus action on it. You can do it with oranges, grapefruits, lime or lemon.
The thing is that Vitamin C in these fruits will add to the acidity of your stomach and thus will make it more efficient for it to absorb the antioxidants that exist in green tea.

So far I tried it with oranges which was ok... and with grapefruit which is amazing... I just love it...

Give it a try... and for a more summer flavored drink try this smoothie...

No comments: