Thursday, January 03, 2008

No Smoking... PLEASE!!!


Smoking must be one of the worst habits ever found by a human being... it is the most destructive, individualistic, insensitive and selfish habit...
Since I'm living in Jordan getting exposed to smoke is a daily activity... and if I go home by taxi I'm sure to end up smelling like a stinky smoker...
Health wise... it is known by now the endless bad consequences of smoking and I rather spare you that... in any case if a person choose to kill himself... let it be... I can't say anything... but if someone tries to kill someone else with him [even if not intended] ... then I would say NO....
Today France banned smoking in Public spaces... a great step forward to combat this habit... something that Scotland had done a while ago... and just couple of days ago... The Highlands were announced smoking free areas!!
So... By now the number of countries to ban smoking reached 57 countries... none of which are from the Arab World...
It is a sad thing when a person becomes a slave to that tobacco stick and care not about his/her health or others ... and nothing will induce him/her to stop but to be forced to pay a fee or get a penalty for breaking a ban...
Still I wish that soon I'll be able to enjoy my mornings without turning my face or cover my nose every time a selfish being decide to blow his smokes in my face...

Jordan... let us do something!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice photo that believe me could be easily used on an advertising campaign. Well done!

super devojka said...

thank you... =)

Anonymous said...

I guess you and I agree that something should be done about smoking in Jordan. A good start would be to enforce the laws that already exist about smoking.