Sunday, November 25, 2007

Third class ticket

In a world full of images of every sort... with media feeding us the same mold of people... idolizing bodies and shapes... we get lost with the masses...
BUT...

I met this photograph a couple of times while I was in Edinburgh last year. I even borrowed his camera one afternoon... I didn't expect that behind his silent acquaintance that he'll hold such a sharp eye that looks at things in a way I can relate to...
His name is Guillem Lopez and his latest is a journey he with a friend of him started across Europe and all the way tracing the Silk Route along Asia.
He has already an amazing photo gallery of his travels...
Now he is in Eastern Europe... an area that half of my genetic blood cells calls home...
He is capturing the essence of the places with perspective points that I as an architect find charming...
I love them...
And by chance I saw a blog that he with his friend is dedicating for this journey. Their blog is called Third Class Ticket... a must read/ see blog...

After all... an eye can choose what to see... and despite the masses... real life still stands out...

No comments: